Sunday, March 11, 2012

Three instead of Four and more Bananas!

Dear Sugar Diary,

   Phew! What a weekend! Sorry I skipped out on you but now I am back and rested and that makes for some coherent writing.=)
   Well..this weekend turned out to be a 3 cake weekend instead of 4 .... we had a date change situation which worked out great for me! So I made 3 cakes.......
1
                                                Perry the Platypus cake
                                                  High Roller themed cake
                                                Safari baby shower cake

I had a ton of fun making these ....I am a solo baker and decorator....so it took me 2 days to get them all done...no sleep....but every second is worth it.  I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I finish one and start the next. Perry was all banana cake.....I LOVE banana cake so I would like to share another recipe with you....=)
                                                 

                                                    Banana Cake Recipe:
  • 1 1/2 cups bananas
  • tsp lemon juice  
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking SODA
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup softened butter
  • 2 1/8 cups of sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk  
                             

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 275°. (YES! lol 275°..NOT 350°!!!!! Don't worry...IT WORKS! =) )
  2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan. (You can always double and triple this recipe for bigger cakes....=) So just make enough for your sized cake. )
  3. In a small bowl, mix squished bananas with the lemon juice set it to the side for now...
  4. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt..set that aside...for now too...
  5. In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter & 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
  6. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
  7. Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time  with the buttermilk.
  8. Stir in banana and lemon juice mixture.
  9. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until the trusty toothpick comes out clean.
  10. Take it out of the oven and put directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist. Don't skip this part! Its very important! ;) 

    Now after the 45 minutes in the freezer take it out and pair it with your fav icing and even sprinkle it with walnuts if you like walnuts...or whatever you like...shredded coconut is good too=) But my favorite is peanut butter buttercream! Yay calories! Ha!

    I hope you all try this one and if you do let me know how you liked it. I really love how the kitchen smells when I am baking his one and my kids all trickle into the kitchen and ask "Whatcha maaakin?" ;) Well I am writing and watching a lasagna I have in the oven....so I better say bu-bye for now....before dinner is burned! =) See you all here next time...TFL!<3


No comments:

Post a Comment